Thursday, May 27, 2010

THE BIG DAY! MAY 13th 2009










So I'm at work.... I'm at work, Wed May 13th2009.... And my WATER breaks! Really! In surgery, and then SPLASH!!! Just like the movies! I gasped, everyone looked at me, and then I started laughing! It didn't feel like I peed my pants/scrubs, it felt like a fish tank had exploded down my legs! AHHH! It was funny.
I got wheeled up to Labor and Delivery by a friend/anesthesiologist Dr. Brandon Dial. I was calling Dan at the same time. When Dan answered and I told him, because I was laughing at the same time, he didn't believe me. I even put Brandon on the phone, and he didn't believe him either. Dan was in SLC dropping my dad off at the airport. My brother Ramon was graduating that weekend with honors, with his bachelors in science. GO RAMON! My dad had just gotten done telling Dan that I better not go into labor this weekend when I called with the news. Dan told him I was just lying and trying to get him worked up. Little did he know.....
I finally convinced Dan to head home, grab our stuff, and get his butt to the hospital. Later, Dan said that he was expecting it to be a big joke put together by me and co-workers!
When I checked myself in, another girl from the operating room was checking in too! It was too funny. Both of us in labor at the same time. They even put us next door to each other and with the same nurse;)
I got my epidural when I was 5 1/2 dilated. I could have gotten it when I checked in, but I wanted to feel the contractions! I know, I know. Why!?! Well, I just did. But as I was holding on the bed for dear life, I was ready. Good thing too, because, because of the epidural, they were able to figure out that I still had some membrane holding the baby in, they removed it, and 20 mins later, I was a 10!!!
Pushing sucked! 1 1/2 hours later, they figured out that my baby was posterior! But I pushed that baby out!! All they had to say was possible c-section!
I'm not going to say I had this "rush" of love! I actually had anxiety! This was it! My life was changed!! My day was no longer mine!
After talking to Muv a few hours later, she let me know that what I was thinking was normal. I loved this little baby, and yes life had changed, and it was ok.
Because I gave birth at the hospital I worked at, and there was another girl from my department that had just had a child too, 4 hours later, we had LOTS of visitors. 88 to be exact! It was crazy! Fun, but over whelming. We were glad to leave so we could rest at home.
The drive back was interesting. dan and I laughed the whole way home. We yelled at every car that came close to us or got in front of us. We got home, fed Jack, and all three of us passed out!
6 lbs 2 oz, 4 weeks early!

No comments:

Post a Comment