Thursday, May 27, 2010

GETTING READY! 2009








So 2008 was over, I'm pregnant, and here comes 2009! I was due June 5th 2009. I was working full time still at the hospital and as a private first assistant for an orthopedic group in Provo. Dan was still working even though the economy was slowing down. He was truely blessed.
On Tuesday, Feb 13th, 2009, I had an almost life changing event. I was at work when I had a gush of blood come out of me. I had just had a placenta abruption! I was losing my baby! Luckily was was at work, which is at the hospital, and working down the hall from my OBGYN's. I walked in their OR room, told them what had happened, they hurried me upstairs and into Labor and Delivery. I was so scared! I called Dan and he hurried down to be with us ( my baby and I). I can only imagine how he felt after that phone call....
This was the first time I cared! The whole time I had been pregnant all I could think about was how this was affecting me. I was so selfish! I could openly admit it too! But now, 19 weeks pregnant, I had to wait and see. Wait and see if the bleeding would stop, or if I'd go into labor and lose the baby. They told me since I wasn't 24 weeks, my baby would die without them being able to do anything. I felt helpless.
Eventually things settled down and I was put on bed rest for 6 weeks! Muv came into town the very next day to help me adjust to doing nothing!!! Things healed, but I was now considered high risk, and could go into labor any time. I couldn't work, work out or have sex.... Hummm.....
I was pumped when I made it to 36 weeks! Meantime we got Jack's room put together! And because I was high risk, we got ultrasounds done every 2 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment