Thursday, May 27, 2010

I need to hurry, update and become current!!!


Egyptian Women!

Oh the baby bump!

On top of a 3000 year old monastery!


K, so Kenya was a lot of work and very rewarding. I was nervous b/c of the food, so I packed a ton of food. I normally partake in the locals food, but seeing how I already threw up 3 times a day here in clean, beautiful America! I knew I was screwed! lol! I did ok, and we totally partied it up in Egypt! Dan met me in Cairo, and I never knew how excited I would be to see him till I got off the stinky plane! lol! Here are a quick few things we did....
We jumped in a car and drove through a country that we could read the signs or maps and made it to the boarder of Israel, to a place called Tabia. We crossed by foot through the boarder into Israel, and then into Jordan. We were headed to Petra. One of the oldest cities in the world, BC. this is where Indiana Jones was filmed, The Temple of Doom! It was breath taking. We rode camels through this city literally carved into the mountains. The people the lived here were referred to as the Bedouin people. Many of them still live in the caves and take care of this amazing ancient city. We hiked to the top of a monastery that was over 3000 years old and just sat and took in the amazing view and experience we were having. I was with good people and my soul mate and best friend. And my baby bump was growing.
We headed to the relaxing part of the trip, Sharmalshek, Egypt. It's on the Red Sea. There we relaxed in our amazing 5 star hotel and went diving! Yes, we drove in the Red Sea. Our first drive... can we say spoiled and lucky! Diving was a controversial topic for me, but after the research I did, I knew I could dive safely. We had a drift dive and a normal one. Shark Reef was one of the dives! But no, no sharks ;)
We ended our trip back in Cairo where we visited the Pyramids and all I could think about was my mother. She had always wanted to do this trip, and here I was! I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment